Barcelona waiting for Neymar’s signal, says Bartomeu
Barcelona: Barcelona vice-president Josep Bartomeu has revealed that the Catalans are ready to make a move for Santos sensation Neymar once he gives a signal that he is ready to leave his current club.
The Brazil international is continually being linked with a move to Europe, but he has repeatedly insisted that he is no rush to leave his native country before World Cup 2014 in his homeland.
Nevertheless, the Blaugrana continue to monitor Neymar`s situation, and are ready to pounce when the 21-year-old decides to leave Santos.
"Neymar has to step up first and say that he`s ready to leave Santos. When that happens, Barca will be ready to try and sign him, because the technical staff want him," Bartomeu said.
"It is always good to sign an interesting player. We look at home first before we turn our attention to the transfer market."
Neymar has a contract with Peixe until after the 2014 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital