Barcelona waiting for Neymar’s signal, says Bartomeu
Barcelona: Barcelona vice-president Josep Bartomeu has revealed that the Catalans are ready to make a move for Santos sensation Neymar once he gives a signal that he is ready to leave his current club.
The Brazil international is continually being linked with a move to Europe, but he has repeatedly insisted that he is no rush to leave his native country before World Cup 2014 in his homeland.
Nevertheless, the Blaugrana continue to monitor Neymar`s situation, and are ready to pounce when the 21-year-old decides to leave Santos.
"Neymar has to step up first and say that he`s ready to leave Santos. When that happens, Barca will be ready to try and sign him, because the technical staff want him," Bartomeu said.
"It is always good to sign an interesting player. We look at home first before we turn our attention to the transfer market."
Neymar has a contract with Peixe until after the 2014 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi