Barcelona want 100-point milestone: Pique
Barcelona: The centre-back insists that the last two games mean a lot to the club as they sit two wins away from the triple figure milestone.
Gerard Pique believes Barcelona still has plenty to play for in the final two weeks of the season and is hoping that the team can break the 100-point barrier for the first time.
Wins in their final two games at Espanyol and home to Malaga would take the Catalunya club into triple figures, above their current record of 99 points.
"We’re attracted by [the 100-point challenge] because in every match we have to go out to win, above all for the honour of the club we represent," he told El Marcador.
"For us it’s a challenge. If we can reach 100 points, and beat the club record, all the better."
The next challenge standing in their way is a trip to the Cornella to take on city rivals Espanyol and Pique believes it will be a unique clash, despite the season winding down.
The Spain international added: "It’s always special to go there because of the rivalry between the two teams and because of the stadium, where there’s always a great atmosphere."
However, not reaching the milestone would not change the fact that Barca have had a successful season, according to Pique, who is proud of the club for winning La Liga.
"I give our season a high mark. We’ve got used to the good times. We’ve won a lot over the last few years and we and the coaching staff know that. Winning titles is very difficult and we’ve got used to the good times but winning the league is never easy," he continued.
"The fans were looking forward to enjoying the league with us and once again they proved it by coming on a difficult day [against Valladolid]."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state