Barcelona will overcome Tito blow: Lionel Messi
Barcelona: Lionel Messi admits Tito Vilanova`s health problems have come as a huge blow but is confident that Barcelona will overcome the 44-year-old`s departure.
Vilanova announced his resignation as Blaugrana coach last week as he continues his battle against cancer, with Barcelona appointing former Newell`s Old Boys boss Gerardo Martino as the new man in charge.
"We`ve very sorry for everything that`s happened to Tito, but the team is strong," Messi was quoted as saying on the club`s official website.
"We have to keep on moving forward."
Messi then went on to discuss his fitness and stressed his delight to have shaken off last season`s injury problems, with the Argentine playing a full 45 minutes in Wednesday`s pre-season defeat to Bayern Munich.
"Luckily, my injury is a thing of the past. I’ve completely recovered. I’m very eager to start the new season."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof