Barcelona will overcome Tito blow: Lionel Messi
Barcelona: Lionel Messi admits Tito Vilanova`s health problems have come as a huge blow but is confident that Barcelona will overcome the 44-year-old`s departure.
Vilanova announced his resignation as Blaugrana coach last week as he continues his battle against cancer, with Barcelona appointing former Newell`s Old Boys boss Gerardo Martino as the new man in charge.
"We`ve very sorry for everything that`s happened to Tito, but the team is strong," Messi was quoted as saying on the club`s official website.
"We have to keep on moving forward."
Messi then went on to discuss his fitness and stressed his delight to have shaken off last season`s injury problems, with the Argentine playing a full 45 minutes in Wednesday`s pre-season defeat to Bayern Munich.
"Luckily, my injury is a thing of the past. I’ve completely recovered. I’m very eager to start the new season."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack