Barcos hat-trick fires Gremio to win
Rio de Janeiro: Argentina international striker Hernan Barcos scored a hat-trick as Gremio beat Juventude 3-0 in Brazil`s Rio Grande do Sul state championship.
Brazil striker Fred was on target in Fluminense`s 3-1 victory over Volta Redonda while Edmilson netted twice in Vasco da Gama`s 4-0 rout of Duque de Caxias Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Flamengo stayed top of the Campeonato Carioca standings after Alecsandro`s double fired them to a 5-3 victory over Cabofriense.
Santos moved 12 points clear on top of the Sao Paulo championship`s Group C with a 2-1 win over Palmeiras while Sao Paulo beat Botafogo SP 2-0 to remain at the head of Group A.
In the Minas Gerais championship, Brazil striker Jo netted in Atletico Mineiro`s 4-1 defeat of America MG. Atletico were without former Barcelona star Ronaldinho, who was rested for the match.
In the Parana state league, Atletico Paranense beat Parana Clube 2-0 despite fielding a reserve team in preparation for Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against Velez Sarsfield.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan