Barcos hat-trick fires Gremio to win
Rio de Janeiro: Argentina international striker Hernan Barcos scored a hat-trick as Gremio beat Juventude 3-0 in Brazil`s Rio Grande do Sul state championship.
Brazil striker Fred was on target in Fluminense`s 3-1 victory over Volta Redonda while Edmilson netted twice in Vasco da Gama`s 4-0 rout of Duque de Caxias Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Flamengo stayed top of the Campeonato Carioca standings after Alecsandro`s double fired them to a 5-3 victory over Cabofriense.
Santos moved 12 points clear on top of the Sao Paulo championship`s Group C with a 2-1 win over Palmeiras while Sao Paulo beat Botafogo SP 2-0 to remain at the head of Group A.
In the Minas Gerais championship, Brazil striker Jo netted in Atletico Mineiro`s 4-1 defeat of America MG. Atletico were without former Barcelona star Ronaldinho, who was rested for the match.
In the Parana state league, Atletico Paranense beat Parana Clube 2-0 despite fielding a reserve team in preparation for Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against Velez Sarsfield.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir