Bari sign Celtic midfielder Donati
London: Serie A side Bari have signed Celtic midfielder Massimo Donati who has gone back to Italy for family reasons, the Scottish Premier League club said.
"I asked Celtic for the chance to return to Italy and I am very grateful for (them) granting me that wish," Donati told the Celtic website.
"The new manager at Celtic (Tony Mowbray) trusted me and respected me but my desire to return to Italy was too strong.
Donati arrived at Celtic in June 2007 on a four-year deal from AC Milan and made 54 appearances, scoring four goals.
He had joined Milan from Atalanta in 2001 for 10 million pounds but only played 17 times.
"I`ll miss playing in Scotland. The league is more physical and the Italian league is obviously more technical," added the 28-year-old.
"But what I will miss most of all is the fantastic supporters and the atmosphere they create at games. We can learn a lot from them in Italy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations