Bastian Schweinsteiger to miss France friendly
Berlin: German international and Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has decided to miss the international football friendly against France next Wednesday due to an injury.
DFB (German soccer association) in an official statement Sunday said that Schweinsteiger has suffered an ankle injury during Bayern`s 3-0 win over Mainz.
Schweinsteiger has been a part of the team since 2004 and has scored 23 goals in 97 appearances. During his eight years with the "Nationalelf" he has become one of the key players and leaders within the team.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?