Bastian Schweinsteiger to miss France friendly
Berlin: German international and Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has decided to miss the international football friendly against France next Wednesday due to an injury.
DFB (German soccer association) in an official statement Sunday said that Schweinsteiger has suffered an ankle injury during Bayern`s 3-0 win over Mainz.
Schweinsteiger has been a part of the team since 2004 and has scored 23 goals in 97 appearances. During his eight years with the "Nationalelf" he has become one of the key players and leaders within the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples