'Bayern are hungrier for titles than last season'
Munich: Bayern Munich ace Arjen Robben has conceded that the team are eager to win titles after two seasons without a trophy.
The Bavarian giants finished second in the Bundesliga last season to Borussia Dortmund, before succumbing to the same opponents in the DFB-Pokal final and lost the Champions League decider to Chelsea on penalties.
As Bayern prepare to contest their first official title of the new season, the German Super Cup against Dortmund, Robben stated that the team aims to do one better this term.
"We have a season behind us in which we were close to all titles, but in the end we did not win anything," the Dutchman told Bild.
"The hunger for titles is even greater now. I already feel a lot of desire in the team, even if we are missing several key players who are still on holiday after Euro 2012."
Robben then called on the team to show more focus in the pitch following the club`s 3-2 defeat to Napoli in a friendly match on Friday.
"You must never lose," Robben added. "We must always win. Before half-time we gave them a goal to make it 1-1 too easily."
"This should not be happening. That is the sort of thing that cost us points in the Bundesliga"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt