'Bayern are hungrier for titles than last season'
Munich: Bayern Munich ace Arjen Robben has conceded that the team are eager to win titles after two seasons without a trophy.
The Bavarian giants finished second in the Bundesliga last season to Borussia Dortmund, before succumbing to the same opponents in the DFB-Pokal final and lost the Champions League decider to Chelsea on penalties.
As Bayern prepare to contest their first official title of the new season, the German Super Cup against Dortmund, Robben stated that the team aims to do one better this term.
"We have a season behind us in which we were close to all titles, but in the end we did not win anything," the Dutchman told Bild.
"The hunger for titles is even greater now. I already feel a lot of desire in the team, even if we are missing several key players who are still on holiday after Euro 2012."
Robben then called on the team to show more focus in the pitch following the club`s 3-2 defeat to Napoli in a friendly match on Friday.
"You must never lose," Robben added. "We must always win. Before half-time we gave them a goal to make it 1-1 too easily."
"This should not be happening. That is the sort of thing that cost us points in the Bundesliga"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh