Bayern blow as Ribery misses Arsenal clash
Berlin: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery will miss next week`s Champions League clash at Arsenal after undergoing surgery on bruised buttocks.
The France international was confirmed an absentee for the last 16 first leg game at the Emirates Stadium in a statement on the German champion`s website on Monday.
"Ribery will miss upcoming matches, notably the last 16 Champions League game against Arsenal in London," it read.
Ribery, 30, who had the operation last Thursday, is "on the mend" the statement added, and will resume training next week.
Monday`s news came after Bayern coach Pep Guardiola had expressed hope that Ribery would make the February 19 Arsenal fixture.
"Hopefully, he can play in London. Franck is important, I hope he can train as soon as possible and we are waiting on him," the Spaniard said last Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly