Bayern blow as Ribery misses Arsenal clash
Berlin: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery will miss next week`s Champions League clash at Arsenal after undergoing surgery on bruised buttocks.
The France international was confirmed an absentee for the last 16 first leg game at the Emirates Stadium in a statement on the German champion`s website on Monday.
"Ribery will miss upcoming matches, notably the last 16 Champions League game against Arsenal in London," it read.
Ribery, 30, who had the operation last Thursday, is "on the mend" the statement added, and will resume training next week.
Monday`s news came after Bayern coach Pep Guardiola had expressed hope that Ribery would make the February 19 Arsenal fixture.
"Hopefully, he can play in London. Franck is important, I hope he can train as soon as possible and we are waiting on him," the Spaniard said last Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan