Bayern blow as Ribery misses Arsenal clash
Berlin: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery will miss next week`s Champions League clash at Arsenal after undergoing surgery on bruised buttocks.
The France international was confirmed an absentee for the last 16 first leg game at the Emirates Stadium in a statement on the German champion`s website on Monday.
"Ribery will miss upcoming matches, notably the last 16 Champions League game against Arsenal in London," it read.
Ribery, 30, who had the operation last Thursday, is "on the mend" the statement added, and will resume training next week.
Monday`s news came after Bayern coach Pep Guardiola had expressed hope that Ribery would make the February 19 Arsenal fixture.
"Hopefully, he can play in London. Franck is important, I hope he can train as soon as possible and we are waiting on him," the Spaniard said last Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read