Bayern blow as Ribery misses Arsenal clash
Berlin: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery will miss next week`s Champions League clash at Arsenal after undergoing surgery on bruised buttocks.
The France international was confirmed an absentee for the last 16 first leg game at the Emirates Stadium in a statement on the German champion`s website on Monday.
"Ribery will miss upcoming matches, notably the last 16 Champions League game against Arsenal in London," it read.
Ribery, 30, who had the operation last Thursday, is "on the mend" the statement added, and will resume training next week.
Monday`s news came after Bayern coach Pep Guardiola had expressed hope that Ribery would make the February 19 Arsenal fixture.
"Hopefully, he can play in London. Franck is important, I hope he can train as soon as possible and we are waiting on him," the Spaniard said last Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes