Bayern do not need Lewandowski: Beckenbauer
Munich: Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer has warned the club that they do not need to sign Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski, amid rumours linking him with a move to the Allianz Arena.
The Bavarians currently have Mario Mandzukic, Mario Gomez and Claudio Pizarro as options up front, and the former Germany coach feels they have no need for another striker.
"Actually, it`s not really necessary," the 67-year-old told Sky Germany.
"A big transfer doesn`t make any sense to me. When I look at the current squad, I notice that on every position Bayern have two, if not three options.
"Of course I would take Lewandowski. However, assuring him that he`s guaranteed to play could be difficult."
Beckenbauer went on to say that Dortmund will push Bayern harder than any other team that they have faced of late in their DFB-Pokal clash on Wednesday.
"I think this will be the biggest challenge in months, with all due respect to Arsenal, of course."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan