Bayern don`t need any more stars, says Beckenbauer
Munich: Franz Beckenbauer has insisted that Bayern Munich do not need any more world-class players amid ongoing rumours linking the club with players such as Wayne Rooney and Neymar.
The Bayern icon stated earlier this week that he would love to see Rooney at the club, but he has now stressed that he does not think the Bundesliga giants need any more stars.
"The team is strong enough. If Guardiola manages to improve a few of the players we already have, he doesn`t really need any new signings," Beckenbauer told Bild.
"What`s the point of making big investments to sign more stars... That will only prompt opponents to play even more defensive.
"We will not sign someone like [Lionel] Messi. Neymar would be quite something, but he will not move until the World Cup.
"And he will be way too expensive after that. They are now already talking about a €70-80 million transfer fee."
Neymar has also been linked with clubs such as Barcelona and Real Madrid, with the Catalans supposedly sitting in pole position to sign the Santos star.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today