Bayern, Dortmund win big in Bundesliga
Berlin: Newly-crowned German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich sealed their 25th win of the season against a hapless Nuremberg while Borussia Dortmund showed no mercy against bottom side Fuerth to wrap up a 6-1 win in the 29th round.
Bayern Munich`s second string side sealed an expected but convincing 4-0 victory at the Bavarian derby over Nuremberg thanks to goals from Jerome Boateng, Mario Gomez, Rafinha and Xherdan Shaqiri.
Dortmund dominated last positioned and newly promoted side Greuther Fuerth 6-1 to inflict the hosts` 18th loss of the season.
Mario Goetze and Ilkay Guendogan both scored a brace for Dortmund to seal their 17th win of the season.
Third place Bayer Leverkusen and fourth placed Schalke shared points after a 2-2 tie in a seesaw match, as the "Werkself" wasted a 2-0 lead within 16 minutes.
Leverkusen established a 2-0 lead within 58 minutes owing to the goals by Simon Rolfes and Michael Kadlec.
Schalke reduced Leverkusen`s lead to 2-1 at the 71st minute when Teemu Pukki tapped in a rebound from close range. The goal gave the hosts a boost as they pressed Leverkusen into defence.
However, a converted penalty by Raffael secured a 2-2 draw for Schalke, as Leverkusen Omer Toprak fouled Pukki inside the box to earn a straight red card at the 86th minute.
Elsewhere, Hamburg defeated Mainz 3-1 to recover from three consecutive losses, Wolfsburg shared points with relegation threatened Hoffenheim 2-2, also newly promoted Dusseldorf and Bremen shared points following a two-all draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow