Bayern, Dortmund win big in Bundesliga
Berlin: Newly-crowned German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich sealed their 25th win of the season against a hapless Nuremberg while Borussia Dortmund showed no mercy against bottom side Fuerth to wrap up a 6-1 win in the 29th round.
Bayern Munich`s second string side sealed an expected but convincing 4-0 victory at the Bavarian derby over Nuremberg thanks to goals from Jerome Boateng, Mario Gomez, Rafinha and Xherdan Shaqiri.
Dortmund dominated last positioned and newly promoted side Greuther Fuerth 6-1 to inflict the hosts` 18th loss of the season.
Mario Goetze and Ilkay Guendogan both scored a brace for Dortmund to seal their 17th win of the season.
Third place Bayer Leverkusen and fourth placed Schalke shared points after a 2-2 tie in a seesaw match, as the "Werkself" wasted a 2-0 lead within 16 minutes.
Leverkusen established a 2-0 lead within 58 minutes owing to the goals by Simon Rolfes and Michael Kadlec.
Schalke reduced Leverkusen`s lead to 2-1 at the 71st minute when Teemu Pukki tapped in a rebound from close range. The goal gave the hosts a boost as they pressed Leverkusen into defence.
However, a converted penalty by Raffael secured a 2-2 draw for Schalke, as Leverkusen Omer Toprak fouled Pukki inside the box to earn a straight red card at the 86th minute.
Elsewhere, Hamburg defeated Mainz 3-1 to recover from three consecutive losses, Wolfsburg shared points with relegation threatened Hoffenheim 2-2, also newly promoted Dusseldorf and Bremen shared points following a two-all draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections