Bayern even stronger than last year: Robben
Barcelona: Arjen Robben believes that Bayern Munich are even stronger than last year and is desperate for Champions League glory as the Bavarians prepare for the second leg of their semi-final tie against Barcelona.
The Roten have made it to the final of European club football`s elite competition twice in the past three seasons and only lost last year`s edition against Chelsea after a penalty shoot-out.
The Dutchman is yet to life the trophy, and is keen to make amends for previous disappointments this term.
"If you look at last year’s final against Chelsea, we should never have lost it. But it’s true that we`ve improved from last year. We are in the semi-finals and we have won the league. You can’t ask for much more. Now we need to take the next step," Robben told The Times of India.
"I’ll give everything in my power to win the Champions League. I`ve contested two Champions League finals with Bayern, and two semis with Chelsea. But at the end of the day, you have to go on and win the cup at some point. I hope this is our year."
The former Real Madrid winger went on to look back at his side`s 4-0 demolition of Barcelona at the Allianz Arena last week and voiced his pride with his side`s performance.
"It was a team performance and that’s why we can be so proud. We played a terrific game - everybody. We fought for every metre and we didn`t give them much space to play.
"They have dominated Europe in the last few years, but if you dominate them like we did and beat them in such a terrific way, then it’s very special. But there is a second game to come, so let’s just stay focused."
Wednesday`s return at Camp Nou is scheduled to kick off at 20:45CET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch