Bayern expect thousands for Guardiola`s debut
Berlin: Champions League winners Bayern Munich are catering for up to 25,000 fans to watch Pep Guardiola`s first two training sessions next week as the hype around the arrival of the ex-Barcelona coach builds.
Guardiola, 42, will give his first press conference as Bayern`s head coach next Monday, then oversees his first two training sessions the following Wednesday and Thursday, with both to be held at the Allianz Arena.
Bayern have taken the unusual step of switching from their Saebener Strasse training complex to allow for up to 25,000 fans to watch the two evening sessions.
Bayern are charging adults five euros, with proceeds going to the victims of the recent flooding which affected south Germany, while children under 14 can watch for free.
Guardiola, who won 14 titles in four years at Barcelona, has signed a three-year contract with Bayern, taking over from Jupp Heynckes, who guided the Bavarians to the treble of European, league and cup titles last season -- the first German side to accomplish such a feat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi