Bayern expect thousands for Guardiola`s debut
Berlin: Champions League winners Bayern Munich are catering for up to 25,000 fans to watch Pep Guardiola`s first two training sessions next week as the hype around the arrival of the ex-Barcelona coach builds.
Guardiola, 42, will give his first press conference as Bayern`s head coach next Monday, then oversees his first two training sessions the following Wednesday and Thursday, with both to be held at the Allianz Arena.
Bayern have taken the unusual step of switching from their Saebener Strasse training complex to allow for up to 25,000 fans to watch the two evening sessions.
Bayern are charging adults five euros, with proceeds going to the victims of the recent flooding which affected south Germany, while children under 14 can watch for free.
Guardiola, who won 14 titles in four years at Barcelona, has signed a three-year contract with Bayern, taking over from Jupp Heynckes, who guided the Bavarians to the treble of European, league and cup titles last season -- the first German side to accomplish such a feat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion