Bayern expect thousands for Guardiola`s debut
Berlin: Champions League winners Bayern Munich are catering for up to 25,000 fans to watch Pep Guardiola`s first two training sessions next week as the hype around the arrival of the ex-Barcelona coach builds.
Guardiola, 42, will give his first press conference as Bayern`s head coach next Monday, then oversees his first two training sessions the following Wednesday and Thursday, with both to be held at the Allianz Arena.
Bayern have taken the unusual step of switching from their Saebener Strasse training complex to allow for up to 25,000 fans to watch the two evening sessions.
Bayern are charging adults five euros, with proceeds going to the victims of the recent flooding which affected south Germany, while children under 14 can watch for free.
Guardiola, who won 14 titles in four years at Barcelona, has signed a three-year contract with Bayern, taking over from Jupp Heynckes, who guided the Bavarians to the treble of European, league and cup titles last season -- the first German side to accomplish such a feat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Nigerian Air Force says kills top Boko Haram militants, leader believed wounded
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders
- Congress MLAs suspended after Gujarat Assembly ruckus over Dalits
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen