Bayern have no reason to panic: Arjen Robben
Munich: Arjen Robben feels Bayern Munich have no reason to panic after their somewhat surprising 4-2 German Supercup loss against Borussia Dortmund at the weekend.
The reigning Bundesliga champions failed to win their first trophy under new coach Pep Guardiola as Jurgen Klopp`s side put in a clinical display against Bayern`s fragile-looking defence, but Robben has stressed that the defeat was a mere blot on their record and not a warning sign of things to come.
"We should have a good look at our performance, but there`s no reason to panic and absolutely zero reason to worry," Robben told TZ.
"All credit to Dortmund. They deserved their win. But it was more a matter of us losing the game than them winning it.
"I don`t think that we conceded four goals because of our attacking style of play. We shouldn`t read too much into it. We should learn from our mistakes.
"We will keep on going and there are still a few more trophies to win this season. It was a good test for us against a strong opponent."
Bayern open their Bundesliga campaign at home against Greuther Furth on August 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet