Bayern have no reason to panic: Arjen Robben
Munich: Arjen Robben feels Bayern Munich have no reason to panic after their somewhat surprising 4-2 German Supercup loss against Borussia Dortmund at the weekend.
The reigning Bundesliga champions failed to win their first trophy under new coach Pep Guardiola as Jurgen Klopp`s side put in a clinical display against Bayern`s fragile-looking defence, but Robben has stressed that the defeat was a mere blot on their record and not a warning sign of things to come.
"We should have a good look at our performance, but there`s no reason to panic and absolutely zero reason to worry," Robben told TZ.
"All credit to Dortmund. They deserved their win. But it was more a matter of us losing the game than them winning it.
"I don`t think that we conceded four goals because of our attacking style of play. We shouldn`t read too much into it. We should learn from our mistakes.
"We will keep on going and there are still a few more trophies to win this season. It was a good test for us against a strong opponent."
Bayern open their Bundesliga campaign at home against Greuther Furth on August 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!