Bayern midfielder Javi Martinez hopes to return next week
Berlin: Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez hopes he can return to training with the German first division club.
Martinez underwent a surgery for a groin injury five weeks ago and had been sidelined since then.
"I think, and hope, that in the course of the next week I will be able to take part in team training again," the 25-year-old Spainish said.
"I am training now back on grass, I take part in running and sprint training and also practise again with the ball," he said.
Bayern are top of the German first division league and will next host Mainz 05 Oct. 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!