Bayern midfielder Javi Martinez hopes to return next week
Berlin: Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez hopes he can return to training with the German first division club.
Martinez underwent a surgery for a groin injury five weeks ago and had been sidelined since then.
"I think, and hope, that in the course of the next week I will be able to take part in team training again," the 25-year-old Spainish said.
"I am training now back on grass, I take part in running and sprint training and also practise again with the ball," he said.
Bayern are top of the German first division league and will next host Mainz 05 Oct. 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside