Bayern Munich beat Sao Paulo in pre-season friendly
Munich: Bayern Munich beat Sao Paulo 2-0 with second-half goals from substitutes to set up a mouth-watering clash against Manchester City in the Audi Cup final.
Manuel Pellegrini`s Man-C brushed aside AC Milan 5-3 in an earlier match Wednesday.
Pep Guardiola fielded a strong line-up with Bastian Schweinsteiger, Phillip Lahm and Arjen Robben given starting berths.
But it was Mario Mandzukic, who came off the bench after the break and broke the deadlock in the 55th minute when he flicked in a cross from Robben.
Another substitute Mitchell Weiser showed great composure to slot home and double Bayern`s advantage after Xherdan Shaqiri had seen his drive hit the post with four minutes left.
Two minutes later, the Brazilians were awarded a penalty which was saved by Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
The final between Bayern Munich and Manchester City will be played on Thursday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information