Bayern Munich beat Sao Paulo in pre-season friendly
Munich: Bayern Munich beat Sao Paulo 2-0 with second-half goals from substitutes to set up a mouth-watering clash against Manchester City in the Audi Cup final.
Manuel Pellegrini`s Man-C brushed aside AC Milan 5-3 in an earlier match Wednesday.
Pep Guardiola fielded a strong line-up with Bastian Schweinsteiger, Phillip Lahm and Arjen Robben given starting berths.
But it was Mario Mandzukic, who came off the bench after the break and broke the deadlock in the 55th minute when he flicked in a cross from Robben.
Another substitute Mitchell Weiser showed great composure to slot home and double Bayern`s advantage after Xherdan Shaqiri had seen his drive hit the post with four minutes left.
Two minutes later, the Brazilians were awarded a penalty which was saved by Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
The final between Bayern Munich and Manchester City will be played on Thursday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune