Bayern Munich confirm Mandzukic deal
Munich: Bayern Munich have confirmed that striker Mario Mandzukic will be moving to the Allianz Arena on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The Bavarians have lost Ivica Olic this summer, and although they have re-signed Claudio Pizarro, they were also linked with a move for Manchester City`s Edin Dzeko.
However, they were priced out of a move for the Bosnian, and turned their attention to the Croatia international, who scored three goals at Euro 2012.
Bayern general manager Christian Nerlinger admitted that the 26-year-old`s performances in the tournament were a factor behind the move, along with his consistent performances for Wolfsburg last season.
"We are delighted to bring a top Bundesliga striker like Mario Mandzukic, and we have also seen in Euro 2012 matches that he has special skills," the 39-year-old told the club`s official website.
"He will continue to strengthen our squad."
Mandzukic moved to the Bundesliga from Dinamo Zagreb in 2010, and is Bayern`s third summer signing alongside Pizarro, and former Borussia Monchengladbach defender Dante.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!