Bayern Munich confirm Mandzukic deal
Munich: Bayern Munich have confirmed that striker Mario Mandzukic will be moving to the Allianz Arena on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The Bavarians have lost Ivica Olic this summer, and although they have re-signed Claudio Pizarro, they were also linked with a move for Manchester City`s Edin Dzeko.
However, they were priced out of a move for the Bosnian, and turned their attention to the Croatia international, who scored three goals at Euro 2012.
Bayern general manager Christian Nerlinger admitted that the 26-year-old`s performances in the tournament were a factor behind the move, along with his consistent performances for Wolfsburg last season.
"We are delighted to bring a top Bundesliga striker like Mario Mandzukic, and we have also seen in Euro 2012 matches that he has special skills," the 39-year-old told the club`s official website.
"He will continue to strengthen our squad."
Mandzukic moved to the Bundesliga from Dinamo Zagreb in 2010, and is Bayern`s third summer signing alongside Pizarro, and former Borussia Monchengladbach defender Dante.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing