Bayern Munich confirm Mandzukic deal
Munich: Bayern Munich have confirmed that striker Mario Mandzukic will be moving to the Allianz Arena on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The Bavarians have lost Ivica Olic this summer, and although they have re-signed Claudio Pizarro, they were also linked with a move for Manchester City`s Edin Dzeko.
However, they were priced out of a move for the Bosnian, and turned their attention to the Croatia international, who scored three goals at Euro 2012.
Bayern general manager Christian Nerlinger admitted that the 26-year-old`s performances in the tournament were a factor behind the move, along with his consistent performances for Wolfsburg last season.
"We are delighted to bring a top Bundesliga striker like Mario Mandzukic, and we have also seen in Euro 2012 matches that he has special skills," the 39-year-old told the club`s official website.
"He will continue to strengthen our squad."
Mandzukic moved to the Bundesliga from Dinamo Zagreb in 2010, and is Bayern`s third summer signing alongside Pizarro, and former Borussia Monchengladbach defender Dante.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?