Bayern Munich confirm Mandzukic deal
Munich: Bayern Munich have confirmed that striker Mario Mandzukic will be moving to the Allianz Arena on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The Bavarians have lost Ivica Olic this summer, and although they have re-signed Claudio Pizarro, they were also linked with a move for Manchester City`s Edin Dzeko.
However, they were priced out of a move for the Bosnian, and turned their attention to the Croatia international, who scored three goals at Euro 2012.
Bayern general manager Christian Nerlinger admitted that the 26-year-old`s performances in the tournament were a factor behind the move, along with his consistent performances for Wolfsburg last season.
"We are delighted to bring a top Bundesliga striker like Mario Mandzukic, and we have also seen in Euro 2012 matches that he has special skills," the 39-year-old told the club`s official website.
"He will continue to strengthen our squad."
Mandzukic moved to the Bundesliga from Dinamo Zagreb in 2010, and is Bayern`s third summer signing alongside Pizarro, and former Borussia Monchengladbach defender Dante.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- National Ranking to have separate parameters for IISERs: Smriti Irani
- Hizb commander who blasted Kashmir telecom towers killed
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video