Bayern Munich friendly against Beijing Guoan confirmed
German giants Bayern Munich will take Frederic Kanoute`s new club Beijing Guoan as part of their Chinese tour in late July.
The Bavarians will be in China from July 22 to 27, and will now officially face Guoan in the Chinese capital on July 24.
The 2011-12 Champions League runners-up will also face fellow Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg on July 26 in Guangzhou.
Bayern`s clash with Beijing will attempt to promote cultural communications between China and Germany.
Meanwhile, Guoan general manager Gao Chao told Xinhua said the match was a good opportunity for the club to learn off a top outfit.
"We are very happy to play a friendly match against Bayern," Gao said. "It`s a good chance for us to learn from world top clubs."
Upon the announcement of the tour late last month, Bayern acting board member Andreas Jung said the club hopes to bring their strongest squad, including eight Germany internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch