Bayern Munich signs Wolfsburg striker Mandzukic
Berlin: German club Wolfsburg has agreed on a transfer for striker Mario Mandzukic to join Bayern Munich until 2016.
The Croatian international will travel to Munich in the next few days to undergo the mandatory medical checkup. Then he will sign his contract with the German record champion until June 2016, reports said.
"We are very happy to sign Mario Mandzukic, a top striker of the Bundesliga who also showed his qualities during the Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine. He will strengthen our team," sports director Christian Nerlinger said.
The 26-year-old Croatian international transferred in 2010 from Dinamo Zagreb to Wolfsburg and scored 20 goals in 56 matches. Since 2007 he has also been part of the Croatian national team where he made 32 appearances scoring eight goals.
Both sides maintain silence about the transfer fee nevertheless German media estimates the transfer fee to be around 13 million euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics