Bayern Munich signs Wolfsburg striker Mandzukic
Berlin: German club Wolfsburg has agreed on a transfer for striker Mario Mandzukic to join Bayern Munich until 2016.
The Croatian international will travel to Munich in the next few days to undergo the mandatory medical checkup. Then he will sign his contract with the German record champion until June 2016, reports said.
"We are very happy to sign Mario Mandzukic, a top striker of the Bundesliga who also showed his qualities during the Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine. He will strengthen our team," sports director Christian Nerlinger said.
The 26-year-old Croatian international transferred in 2010 from Dinamo Zagreb to Wolfsburg and scored 20 goals in 56 matches. Since 2007 he has also been part of the Croatian national team where he made 32 appearances scoring eight goals.
Both sides maintain silence about the transfer fee nevertheless German media estimates the transfer fee to be around 13 million euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years