Bayern Munich suffer first league defeat in 54 matches
Berlin: Bayern Munich suffered their first Bundesliga defeat since October 2012 on Saturday as their record 53-match unbeaten league run was ended in a 1-0 defeat at Augsburg.
Coach Pep Guardiola named a weakened team for the Bavarian derby and paid the price as Bayern were beaten for the first time the league since losing 2-1 at home to Bayer Leverkusen on October 28, 2012.
With one eye on Wednesday`s Champions League quarter-final clash at home to Manchester United, with the tie level at 1-1, Guardiola started with three teenagers, giving Bundesliga debuts to wing-backs Ylli Sallahi and Mitchell Weiser while Pierre-Emile Hoejbjerg was named on the left wing.
The gamble backfired when Weiser lost possession to Augsburg`s Daniel Baier who fed Sascha Moelders and the Augsburg striker blasted his shot past Manuel Neuer with 31 minutes gone to claim the winning goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?