Bayern Munich win Telekom Cup final
Berlin: German record champions Bayern Munich celebrated a 5-1 goal festival against Monchengladbach at the Telekom Cup final.
Record-breaking treble winner Bayern secured their first title three weeks ahead of the Bundesliga opener when they crushed home side Monchengladbach, reports Xinhua.
The "Foals" caught the better start at the final of the warm up tournament but as soon as the Bavarians gained a foothold into the match things changed. The German giant broke the deadlock to score three goals within nine minutes.
Frenchmen Franck Ribery opened the scoring with a volley, Philipp Lahm doubled the lead soon after and new arrival Thiago Alcantara tapped in a cross from very close range to triple the lead.
The hosts were able to reduce the lead to 1-3 as Luuk de Jong converted a penalty following a foul play by Bayern`s Diego Contento inside the box, just before the break.
Bayern regained the upper hand in the second half as Arjen Robben and Thomas Mueller added their names to the scoresheet.
Elsewhere, Borussia Dormund overcame Hamburg 1-0, thanks to the winner by Jonas Hofmann, to win the third place match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom