Bayern, Ribery agree on contract extension
Berlin: Frenchman Franck Ribery put pen to paper on a new contract with Bayern Munich until 2017, the German football giant announced.
The German treble winner and midfielder Ribery closed the deal this Friday between training sessions. The 30-year-old French international already announced after the end of the last Bundesliga campaign that he planned to stay with the Bavarians.
"I am very delighted. I have always said that I feel at home in Bayern. I have a good feeling for my family and me, and I hope it continues like last year," Ribery told the club`s official homepage.
The Frenchmen joined the Bavarians in 2007 from Marseille to score 53 goals in 156 appearances. Since his arrival at Bayern, Ribery became quickly a key player of the team owing to his excellent dribble skills and his ball control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail