Bayern`s Arjen Robben struggles after knee injury
Berlin: Netherlands winger Arjen Robben has admitted he is struggling with a painful knee injury and finds even the simplest tasks difficult.
"I need a lot of rest at the moment, I can`t do much," the 29-year-old Bayern Munich star told German magazine Kicker after suffering an injury on Wednesday.
"Even when I stand up, it really hurts. I can barely go to the toilet.
"And, of course, I don`t like to be condemned to inaction."
Robben is expected to miss the next six weeks after suffering a deep thigh cut just above the knee in Bayern`s 2-0 win at Augsburg that put them into the German Cup quarter-finals.
The cut went down to the bone and Robben had to be stretchered off after 16 minutes with blood pouring from the injury following a clash with Augsburg goalkeeper Marwin Hitz.
"I could see the blood squirting downwards," said Robben, who spent two nights in hospital in Augsburg.
"Hitz apologised, which I thought was very nice of him.
"I believe him when he said he didn`t want to hurt anyone.
"It could have happened to anyone."
Robben will miss Bayern`s final Bundesliga games of the year, as well as their last Champions League group game at home to Manchester City on Tuesday and the Club World Cup in Morocco in ten days time.
Bayern have a warm-weather training camp in Qatar from January 5-14 and Robben is unsure if he will be able to take part.
"I don`t know if I will be in the Qatar training camp, the injury has only just happened. We`ll have to see," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH