Bayern`s Ribery wins UEFA best player award
Monte Carlo: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for 2012/13 ahead of the usual contenders Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
It was recognition for his part in Bayern`s unprecedented Champions League, Bundesliga and German Cup treble.
The Frenchman was the first player from a club other than Barcelona or Real Madrid to make the final three since the award was established by European soccer`s governing body in 2011.
Argentina`s Messi won the inaugural award followed by Spaniard Andres Iniesta, his Barcelona team mate, last year.
Messi and Real Madrid`s Portugal forward Ronaldo had also both made the last three in each of the two previous years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'