Bayern`s Ribery wins UEFA best player award
Monte Carlo: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for 2012/13 ahead of the usual contenders Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
It was recognition for his part in Bayern`s unprecedented Champions League, Bundesliga and German Cup treble.
The Frenchman was the first player from a club other than Barcelona or Real Madrid to make the final three since the award was established by European soccer`s governing body in 2011.
Argentina`s Messi won the inaugural award followed by Spaniard Andres Iniesta, his Barcelona team mate, last year.
Messi and Real Madrid`s Portugal forward Ronaldo had also both made the last three in each of the two previous years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16