Bayern want to give Heynckes a special farewell, says Schweinsteiger
London: The influential midfielder has made it clear that the Bavarians want to give their coach a fitting goodbye by winning the treble.
Bastian Schweinsteiger says Bayern Munich are determined to win Saturday`s DFB-Pokal final against Stuttgart in order to give head coach Jupp Heynckes the farewell he deserves.
The 68-year-old will make way for Pep Guardiola this summer and Schweinsteiger is eager to give the veteran coach a worthy send-off by clinching a historic treble.
"It will be our last match under Heynckes and that`s another motivating factor. We want to give him a special send-off," Schweinsteiger was quoted as saying on the club`s official website.
"The game at the Olympic Stadium is very, very important. I know what it`s like to win there, so I`m highly motivated.”
"It`s always a wonderful evening in Berlin and the atmosphere and the stadium are something very special. We`ll do whatever we can to win the cup.”
"I`m too focused on Saturday’s match to be talking about the treble or anything else. We`re all utterly determined to win this match."
Bayern clinched the Bundesliga title at the start of May before beating Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final last Saturday, to leave them within touching distance of an incredible treble triumph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof