Bayern win friendly against Holland
Berlin: German football giants Bayern Munich defeated the Dutch national team 3-2 at home.
After the dramatic Champions League final loss, Bayern finished the season with the win over the "Elftal" in front of 33,000 spectators at Allianz Arena Tuesday.
Both sides fielded second-string sides.
The Bavarians opened the scoring with a long-range shot by midfielder Toni Kroos in the 17th minute. The Dutch needed only one minute to level the score as Bundesliga top striker, and Dutchmen Klaas Jan Huntelaar netted a fast break from inside the box.
With 20 minutes into the match, the Dutch took the lead when striker Luciano Narsingh lobbed the ball over Bayern goalkeeper Hans Joerg Butt. Bayern remained unimpressed as they tied the score only eight minutes later through youngster striker Nils Petersen.
The second half remained uneventful due to plenty of substitutions by both sides.
Bayern top striker Mario Gomez restored their lead to 3-2 to seal the deal in the 87th minute, utilising a Franck Ribery assist inside goal area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane