Beach football championship tournament kicks off on Friday
Panaji: Sporting Clube de Goa will be the only professional I-League football team from among 32 local clubs to compete in the three-day Airtel Beach Football Championship to be played as per the `knock-out` format under the FIFA recognised `Beach Soccer Worldwide Rules`.
"The five-a-side sport, played on a beach soccer-sized pitch will be played for three periods of five minutes each, with a one-minute break in between during initial rounds. This will be extended to three periods of seven minutes each, with a one-minute break in between, from the quarter final onwards. Players shall compete for individual prizes like `the highest goal scorer` and `the best goal keeper` awards which have been instituted for the first time," Bharti Airtel Zonal Officer Rohin Pinto said here on thursday.
Prize money of the winners has also been doubled to Rs 30,000, while runners-up will get Rs 20,000.
The top scorer will get Rs 2500 and the best goalkeeper will be richer by Rs 2000, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report