Beach football championship tournament kicks off on Friday
Panaji: Sporting Clube de Goa will be the only professional I-League football team from among 32 local clubs to compete in the three-day Airtel Beach Football Championship to be played as per the `knock-out` format under the FIFA recognised `Beach Soccer Worldwide Rules`.
"The five-a-side sport, played on a beach soccer-sized pitch will be played for three periods of five minutes each, with a one-minute break in between during initial rounds. This will be extended to three periods of seven minutes each, with a one-minute break in between, from the quarter final onwards. Players shall compete for individual prizes like `the highest goal scorer` and `the best goal keeper` awards which have been instituted for the first time," Bharti Airtel Zonal Officer Rohin Pinto said here on thursday.
Prize money of the winners has also been doubled to Rs 30,000, while runners-up will get Rs 20,000.
The top scorer will get Rs 2500 and the best goalkeeper will be richer by Rs 2000, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren