Beach soccer to kickstart in Goa from Tuesday
Panaji: Around 64 teams will take part in the first All India Barefoot Beach soccer that will get underway from Tuesday at Calangute Beach in North Goa.
The event promises to be a grand set up with a blend of sport, music and entertainment at the barefoot festival.
The tournament will comprise around 64 teams, including two from outside at the Calangute Beach in Goa, Udit Sheth, the MD& CEO of Trans-stadia which is sponsoring the event, told reporters here on Monday.
"I am confident that this platform will give our players an opportunity to compete at substainable and scalable platform of competition and improve to international level of our standing. Ten best players from this tournament will get opportunity to play in the invitational tournament in South Africa," Sheth said.
Goa Football Development Council chairman Dr Rufino Monteiro said beach soccer is presenting a fresh opportunity to football enthusiasts to participate in an exciting new sport in a professional capacity.
"The sport is a part of the FIFA family and it is our pleasure to be joining the Beach Soccer family worldwide," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire