Beach soccer to kickstart in Goa from Tuesday
Panaji: Around 64 teams will take part in the first All India Barefoot Beach soccer that will get underway from Tuesday at Calangute Beach in North Goa.
The event promises to be a grand set up with a blend of sport, music and entertainment at the barefoot festival.
The tournament will comprise around 64 teams, including two from outside at the Calangute Beach in Goa, Udit Sheth, the MD& CEO of Trans-stadia which is sponsoring the event, told reporters here on Monday.
"I am confident that this platform will give our players an opportunity to compete at substainable and scalable platform of competition and improve to international level of our standing. Ten best players from this tournament will get opportunity to play in the invitational tournament in South Africa," Sheth said.
Goa Football Development Council chairman Dr Rufino Monteiro said beach soccer is presenting a fresh opportunity to football enthusiasts to participate in an exciting new sport in a professional capacity.
"The sport is a part of the FIFA family and it is our pleasure to be joining the Beach Soccer family worldwide," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants