Beach soccer to kickstart in Goa from Tuesday
Panaji: Around 64 teams will take part in the first All India Barefoot Beach soccer that will get underway from Tuesday at Calangute Beach in North Goa.
The event promises to be a grand set up with a blend of sport, music and entertainment at the barefoot festival.
The tournament will comprise around 64 teams, including two from outside at the Calangute Beach in Goa, Udit Sheth, the MD& CEO of Trans-stadia which is sponsoring the event, told reporters here on Monday.
"I am confident that this platform will give our players an opportunity to compete at substainable and scalable platform of competition and improve to international level of our standing. Ten best players from this tournament will get opportunity to play in the invitational tournament in South Africa," Sheth said.
Goa Football Development Council chairman Dr Rufino Monteiro said beach soccer is presenting a fresh opportunity to football enthusiasts to participate in an exciting new sport in a professional capacity.
"The sport is a part of the FIFA family and it is our pleasure to be joining the Beach Soccer family worldwide," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan