Beasley sings praises of Rangers teammates
Glasgow: American winger DaMarcus Beasley, whose dramatic return to form has been key to Rangers’ assault on the Scottish Premier League, said he owes it all to his teammates.
Beasley has started the last four matches, scoring in wins over Dundee United and Motherwell, but he has been keen to pay tribute to team-mates Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd.
“Kenny and Boydy are scoring goals and they are two of the best players in the country,” Beasley said.
“When they hit form and their confidence is high then we are going to be a good team going forward.”
Beasley also pinpointed midfielder Steven Davis as the real unsung hero of the Ibrox team.
“He has been our most steady and most consistent player throughout the time I’ve been here. His work ethic is unbelievable,” said Beasley.
Walter Smith’s Rangers team travel to Hibernian on Sunday before welcoming Dundee United to Ibrox three days later. They then face Celtic in the first game of the new year.
Beasley knows a clean sweep of victories would see Rangers stretch that advantage which would be key to their title hopes.
“It’s a very crucial period. We are playing well and we have a lot of confidence going into the first game against Hibs. It’s crucial to get nine points,” said the American.
“It will be vital to the rest of the season. In this country, leading at the halfway point is a good thing and we want to be that team.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert