Beckham asks Lampard to join LA Galaxy
London: Ace midfielder David Beckham has urged Frank Lampard to join LA Galaxy.
Beckham spoke to the Chelsea star twice in the last 12 days about the switch and told his former England pal that he would love the lifestyle in California.
Lampard, 33, is frustrated with life at Chelsea under Andre Villas-Boas and is set to be on the bench again for today`s home clash with Aston Villa.
Galaxy could match his 150,000 pounds-a-week Blues wages and the midfielder appears certain to move to America at some stage, a daily reports.
He is now waiting on an offer from MLS champions Galaxy who are hoping Beckham snubs a move to Paris St Germain.
The former England skipper is leaning towards signing a one-year rolling deal in LA.
An MLS source revealed: “Galaxy have three designated players — Beckham, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan, who is on loan at Everton. However, there could be a way around the rules so Lampard could also join.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media