Beckham asks Lampard to join LA Galaxy
London: Ace midfielder David Beckham has urged Frank Lampard to join LA Galaxy.
Beckham spoke to the Chelsea star twice in the last 12 days about the switch and told his former England pal that he would love the lifestyle in California.
Lampard, 33, is frustrated with life at Chelsea under Andre Villas-Boas and is set to be on the bench again for today`s home clash with Aston Villa.
Galaxy could match his 150,000 pounds-a-week Blues wages and the midfielder appears certain to move to America at some stage, a daily reports.
He is now waiting on an offer from MLS champions Galaxy who are hoping Beckham snubs a move to Paris St Germain.
The former England skipper is leaning towards signing a one-year rolling deal in LA.
An MLS source revealed: “Galaxy have three designated players — Beckham, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan, who is on loan at Everton. However, there could be a way around the rules so Lampard could also join.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs