Beckham asks Lampard to join LA Galaxy
London: Ace midfielder David Beckham has urged Frank Lampard to join LA Galaxy.
Beckham spoke to the Chelsea star twice in the last 12 days about the switch and told his former England pal that he would love the lifestyle in California.
Lampard, 33, is frustrated with life at Chelsea under Andre Villas-Boas and is set to be on the bench again for today`s home clash with Aston Villa.
Galaxy could match his 150,000 pounds-a-week Blues wages and the midfielder appears certain to move to America at some stage, a daily reports.
He is now waiting on an offer from MLS champions Galaxy who are hoping Beckham snubs a move to Paris St Germain.
The former England skipper is leaning towards signing a one-year rolling deal in LA.
An MLS source revealed: “Galaxy have three designated players — Beckham, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan, who is on loan at Everton. However, there could be a way around the rules so Lampard could also join.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues