Beckham banned for misconduct
Washington: Former England captain David Beckham will sit out the next game after he received a ban from Major League Soccer (MLS) for kicking a ball at an opponent in Los Angeles Galaxy`s loss at San Jose.
Beckham received the ban Thursday for kicking the ball at San Jose`s Sam Cronin during the 3-4 loss Saturday. Cronin was down in the penalty box at the time, and Beckham`s kick set off a prolonged argument between the teams, reported Xinhua.
Beckham was issued a yellow card for the incident. He missed the Galaxy`s home loss to Philadelphia Wednesday under suspension for an accumulation of yellow cards.
The struggling defending MLS champions` next game is Sunday at Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!