Beckham banned for misconduct
Washington: Former England captain David Beckham will sit out the next game after he received a ban from Major League Soccer (MLS) for kicking a ball at an opponent in Los Angeles Galaxy`s loss at San Jose.
Beckham received the ban Thursday for kicking the ball at San Jose`s Sam Cronin during the 3-4 loss Saturday. Cronin was down in the penalty box at the time, and Beckham`s kick set off a prolonged argument between the teams, reported Xinhua.
Beckham was issued a yellow card for the incident. He missed the Galaxy`s home loss to Philadelphia Wednesday under suspension for an accumulation of yellow cards.
The struggling defending MLS champions` next game is Sunday at Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today