Beckham could return to training in late August: Arena
New York: David Beckham could be back in training by the end of August, his LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena said on Wednesday.
The England international tore his Achilles tendon in March and missed the World Cup in South Africa after undergoing surgery.
"I believe there`s a chance he can begin training by the end of August," Arena told reporters following the MLS All-Star game against Beckham`s first club Manchester United on Wednesday.
The MLS regular season finishes at the end of October but the Galaxy, who lead the Western Conference, are expected to be involved in the November play-offs that decide the title.
It was too early to say whether the 35-year-old could be involved in the playoffs, Arena added.
"At this point in time there`s no way to predict whether he`ll be able to play this year or not.”
"These are difficult injuries ... for any athlete in any sport, at this point in time we can`t predict whether he is going to be able to play or not," he said.
"There`s a possibility he could play towards the end of the MLS regular season, but at this point in time it would be difficult to say yes or no".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?