Beckham first English player to win League titles in four countries
London: Football star David Beckham has become the first Englishman to win league medals in four different countries.
He has secured victory medals with Manchester United, Real Madrid, Los Angeles Galaxy and Paris Saint-Germain.
Beckham`s latest club-Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) -- won their first league title since 1994 after Jeremy Menez scored a goal to achieve a 1-0 scoreline against Lyon.
Menez`s goal in the 53rd minute secured the club seven points ahead of Marseille but the title is yet to be confirmed by a league disciplinary panel which will decide whether or not to deduct points, following PSG sporting director Leonardo`s shoulder-barge with a referee last weekend.
Beckham`s contract with PSG will run out in June, unless the club plans to keep him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr