Beckham planning ‘LA Galaxy-Man U’ charity match
London: England midfielder David Beckham is reportedly planning a mega-money tie between LA Galaxy and Manchester United, which could help charities to raise funds up to one million pound.
With his international career looking doomed, the friendly at Old Trafford would almost certainly be Beckham’s last professional match on British soil.
The game will generate interest from fans and high-profile sponsors around the globe, with live TV audience of more than 100 million.
“This game between United and Galaxy has been on the cards for a while. It would be fantastic for him to play at Old Trafford again to applaud the fans who supported him there for so many years,” The Daily Star quoted a source close to Beckham, as saying.
“But he wouldn’t just look at this as a chance for him to remember past glories. With the charity potential it would be great to exploit the match so he can raise lots of money for charity.”
“That’s just the way he is. The idea is to make up to a billion pounds for charity,” he added.
Meanwhile, LA Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena confirmed that the match is in the pipeline.
“Imagine if we could return to Manchester United with David Beckham. If we could do that...how fabulous that would be. So, that would be something I’m sure we’re looking into as David completes his career here with LA Galaxy,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day