Beckham planning Los Angeles Galaxy contract extension
London: Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has suggested that he may stay with the club beyond his current deal, which expires in November.
“I’m happy here and I’ve spoken with Tim (Leiwecke, owner of Galaxy) about a new deal,” a leading daily quoted Beckham, as saying.
“Tim knows how I need to wait until the end of the season here and then I’ll look at it,” he added.
It is also reported that Los Angeles Galaxy has offered a new one-year deal to Beckham.
The 36-year-old’s comment comes after it was reported that Tottenham Hotspur and Queens Park Rangers are planning to sign him during the January 2012 transfer window.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp had earlier reiterated that if Beckham wants to come to London he would welcome him with open arms.
“He’s definitely still good enough to play in the Premier League. His game was never about pace so whether he’s quick or not isn’t an issue. David’s unique quality is his use of the ball and his ability to pick out a player with a pinpoint pass,” he said.
“He is unbelievable and still an exceptional talent. I know firsthand because we had him here last winter and he was terrific around the place,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read