Beckham snubs move to Australian football
Sydney: England midfielder David Beckham has made it clear it is unlikely he will join an Australian football club after quitting Major League Soccer team LA Galaxy.
Perth Glory owner Tony Sage had a brief chat with Beckham after the pair bumped into each other in London.
Beckham told Sage that Australia was simply too far away from his business interests for him to entertain a playing stint there.
That is bad news for Glory, Melbourne Heart and Central Coast, who were all keen to lure the 37-year-old on a 10-match guest stint.
“I got the chance to chat to David, and of course I asked him about coming to Australia. He looked me in the eye and basically said, ‘That would be nice, but it`s too far away from my businesses’,” News.com.au quoted Sage, as saying to an Australian football website.
“It would have been great to have him at Perth Glory, but it looks like that won`t be happening. I just don`t think he`ll be coming to Australia, full stop,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border