Beckham snubs move to Australian football
Sydney: England midfielder David Beckham has made it clear it is unlikely he will join an Australian football club after quitting Major League Soccer team LA Galaxy.
Perth Glory owner Tony Sage had a brief chat with Beckham after the pair bumped into each other in London.
Beckham told Sage that Australia was simply too far away from his business interests for him to entertain a playing stint there.
That is bad news for Glory, Melbourne Heart and Central Coast, who were all keen to lure the 37-year-old on a 10-match guest stint.
“I got the chance to chat to David, and of course I asked him about coming to Australia. He looked me in the eye and basically said, ‘That would be nice, but it`s too far away from my businesses’,” News.com.au quoted Sage, as saying to an Australian football website.
“It would have been great to have him at Perth Glory, but it looks like that won`t be happening. I just don`t think he`ll be coming to Australia, full stop,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers
- This is what befriending grownups on social media can do to you
- Shah Rukh Khan enjoys 20 mn followers on Twitter; posts funny 'thank you' video!
- Tata Motors' JLR fears 1 billion pounds loss from Brexit: Report
- If Arvind Subramanian is asset for BJP govt, will suspend 'sacking' demand: Subramanian Swamy