Beckham voted `world`s best footballer` by UK fans
London: Former England star David Beckham has reportedly been voted as the world`s best footballer by a poll of UK fans.
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid player topped a star-studded list, which includes the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Gary Lineker, Pele, Zinedine Zidane and Steven Gerrard, after capturing 29 percent of the votes.
According to the Daily Star, Portuguese star Ronaldo came second on the list with 14 percent votes, beating Argentine Messi, who came in third with twelve percent votes while Lineker was fourth in the poll, which was carried out by football toy firm Soccer Suckers.
Meanwhile, late Northern Irish footballer George Best came in fifth in the list, followed by Brazilian legend Pele in the sixth position, England captain Steven Gerrard in the seventh and former England footballer Alan Shearer in the eight position.
The report further said that Manchester United star Wayne Rooney occupied a low ninth position in the list, followed by former French star Zidane in the tenth position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore