Beckham wants LA Galaxy to be a ‘smarter’ MLS team
London: Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham was left fuming after his team was held 2-2 at home by Toronto FC in their Major League Soccer (MLS) clash.
Beckham, who was the stand-in captain for the game, later said that the team has “to be smarter” than their performance on Saturday, to be a major MLS threat, a magazine reported.
The 36-year-old also picked up his league-leading seventh yellow card for a dangerous tackle on Toronto FC midfielder Tony Tchani.
It was the second straight subpar performance for Los Angeles Galaxy, who settled for another draw just a week after holding off D.C. United in a 0-0 tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- PATHETIC! No water, missing Indian officials reason behind OP Jaisha's collapse in Rio
- Eat oranges to ward off heart disease, diabetes risk
- Indian equity markets slip on negative global cues
- Low job satisfaction can hamper your mental health
- Bold scenes of only big stars are praised, feels Zareen Khan