Beckham will play on until he is 45, says LA Galaxy coach
Los Angeles: Los Angeles Galaxy coach Bruce Arena reckons that midfielder David Beckham has another ten years left on the pitch.
Beckham is currently recovering from a ruptured achilles tendon suffered while on loan to AC Milan in a Serie A match against Chievo in March.
“Knowing him he might play until he’s 45. He’s got steam left in him for sure,” News of The World quoted Arena, as saying.
Arena insists that the 35-year-old has the stamina to stay at the top despite his horror Achilles injury, which saw him miss the World Cup in South Africa.
“We’ve always said that Beckham is gonna be playing here in LA and finish his career here and he will,” he added.
LA Galaxy will play host to the New York Red Bulls, whose lineup now includes French star Thierry Henry, on September 24, and a Beckham return for that match would be a showcase event for the Major League Soccer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre