Beckham will play on until he is 45, says LA Galaxy coach
Los Angeles: Los Angeles Galaxy coach Bruce Arena reckons that midfielder David Beckham has another ten years left on the pitch.
Beckham is currently recovering from a ruptured achilles tendon suffered while on loan to AC Milan in a Serie A match against Chievo in March.
“Knowing him he might play until he’s 45. He’s got steam left in him for sure,” News of The World quoted Arena, as saying.
Arena insists that the 35-year-old has the stamina to stay at the top despite his horror Achilles injury, which saw him miss the World Cup in South Africa.
“We’ve always said that Beckham is gonna be playing here in LA and finish his career here and he will,” he added.
LA Galaxy will play host to the New York Red Bulls, whose lineup now includes French star Thierry Henry, on September 24, and a Beckham return for that match would be a showcase event for the Major League Soccer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical