Becks` coveted global ambassador role for Man U hopes lie squarely in Fergie`s lap
London: Former English footballer David Beckham`s hopes of being the new global ambassador for Premier League champions Manchester United reportedly rest with United`s outgoing manager Alex Ferguson.
United`s American owners Glazers consider Beckham as an interesting option to help boost the club`s world-acclaimed recognition.
However, the report said that Beckham`s chances at representing United will be decided by his former manager Ferguson as Beckham`s role will also include his accountability to the Glazers board and Ferguson.
A source at the Glazers has revealed that the firm believes that Beckham`s profile will be a huge benefit to the club.
Beckham will be working alongside Ferguson at Glazers and before Beckham is officially made to represent United, Ferguson will have his voice heard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened