Becks` coveted global ambassador role for Man U hopes lie squarely in Fergie`s lap
London: Former English footballer David Beckham`s hopes of being the new global ambassador for Premier League champions Manchester United reportedly rest with United`s outgoing manager Alex Ferguson.
United`s American owners Glazers consider Beckham as an interesting option to help boost the club`s world-acclaimed recognition.
However, the report said that Beckham`s chances at representing United will be decided by his former manager Ferguson as Beckham`s role will also include his accountability to the Glazers board and Ferguson.
A source at the Glazers has revealed that the firm believes that Beckham`s profile will be a huge benefit to the club.
Beckham will be working alongside Ferguson at Glazers and before Beckham is officially made to represent United, Ferguson will have his voice heard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees