Becks ` MLS stadium in Miami` dream moves toward reality after sports bill approval
Johannesburg: The dream stadium project of England football legend David Beckham for his new Major League Soccer (MLS) team has received a major boost following the approval of a Florida sports bill.
The Florida state legislature approved the bill, which allows professional sports teams to receive up to two million dollars in annual subsidies to build or renovate stadiums or infrastructure with just the enactment of the law remaining.
According to Sport24, the former Manchester United player, who reportedly traveled to the state capital Tallahassee to push the measure, expressed his gratitude to the government officials for their recognition to the `enormous popularity of soccer`.
Beckham wants to build a stadium for 25,000 fans at a cost of 250 million dollars in the port of Miami, but has faced resistance from a coalition of business groups, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers