Becks should ‘strip’ to celebrate goal against ManU: Seedorf
London: AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf has asked his teammate David Beckham to reveal his pecks against Manchester United tomorrow, just as the England ace celebrated Milan’s victory over Juventus last month by ripping off his shirt and showing off his tattooed torso.
Beckham had vowed not to repeat his football strip if he scores for Milan against United in their Champions League last-16 crunch game on Tuesday evening.
Seedorf doubts Beckham would be able to control himself if he scores. And he wants his English team-mate to forget about upsetting his old pals in Manchester and let his emotions run wild.
“If David scores a goal, he should celebrate. People should know it would not be out of disrespect. Scoring a goal in an important match is a moment of emotion that you just have to express,” The Sun quoted Seedrof, as saying.
“A lot of players don’t celebrate against their old clubs but if you have always behaved yourself, scoring a goal in the Champions League is a special moment that evokes special emotions,” he said.
“He should just be joyful and celebrate. Anyway, I’d be surprised if he’d be feeling so easy after scoring. Hopefully, he will because that would be a good sign for us.”
Beckham, 34, supported United as a kid and played more than 300 games for them before leaving Old Trafford for Real Madrid in a 25 million pounds move back in July 2003.
Tomorrow night’s clash will be his first game against the Red Devils.
Seedorf said: “I have spoken to David about facing United and he’s very much looking forward to it. It is like when I went back to Madrid the first time - you want to win but you have mixed feelings.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’