Belgian Georges Leekens to coach Tunisia
Tunis: Belgian Georges Leekens is the new coach of Tunisia, the north African country`s football federation announced Thursday.
"An official agreement was reached with Georges Leekens that he become coach from April 1, 2014, until March 31, 2016," federation official Hichem Ben Omrane told AFP.
The 64-year-old Leekens, capped three times internationally as a player, has previously coached Belgium and Algeria as well as a host of clubs, most recently Club Brugge.
Tunisia failed to qualify for this year`s World Cup in Brazil and were without a coach since a loss to Cameroon in November that ensured they made no further progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?