Benfica close in on Brazilian defender
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian defender Bruno Cortez is on the verge of being signed by Portuguese club Benfica.
The 26-year-old left-back is currently in Lisbon for a medical and is expected to sign a contract within few days.
He could make his debut for Benfica against his current club Sao Paulo on Aug 3 in the Eusebio Cup, an annual pre-season exhibition match at the Estadio da Luz, home ground of Benfica, commonly known as the Stadium of Light.
Having begun his career with Brazilian fourth division side Nova Iguacu, Cortez rose to prominence upon joining Botafogo in 2011.
After making his international debut against Argentina in 2011, Cortez was sold to Sao Paulo, where he has played 79 matches in two seasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill