Benfica ready for Zenit with 4-1 win over Nacional
Lisobn (Portugal): Spanish striker Rodrigo scored twice as Portuguese leader Benfica prepared for its upcoming Champions League match with a 4-1 victory over Nacional on Saturday.
Ezequiel Garay headed home Pablo Aimar’s pass after nine minutes then Oscar Cardozo took his league leading goal tally to 14 after finishing off Nicolas Gaitan’s impressive run.
Claudemir’s 29th-minute penalty cut the deficit for Nacional before Rodrigo re-established the two-goal lead in the 39th. The Spain Under-21 striker added a second just after the hour to extend Benfica’s unbeaten season and put it provisionally ahead of FC Porto and Braga by eight points.
Benfica plays at Zenit St. Petersburg on Wednesday.
Also, Maritimo beat Sporting Lisbon 2-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi