Benfica`s Ola John joins German side Hamburg on loan
Berlin: Benfica`s winger Ola John has joined Hamburger SV on loan until the end of the season.
The Liberian born Dutch winger was not regular in Benfica`s first team and after two years made just 24 appearances. However, before his spell in Portugal he played two years for Dutch side Twente Enschede where he scored nine goals in 46 matches, reports a leading agency.
Hamburg coach Bert van Marwijk knew Ola John from his time as the head coach of the Netherlands national team.
"I know Ola well and I assume that he will help us promptly," van Marwijk said.
The 21-year-old new arrival is said to replace long-term injured youngster Maximilian Beister.
"In the present situation it was necessary take action," Hamburg director of sport Oliver Kreutzer told the clubs official homepage.
Hamburg occupy a disappointing 14th place with just 16 points out of 17 matches, which leaves them in touching distance of the relegation battle.
"The Bundesliga has a very high level. You hear very good things about Germany. I didn`t had to think twice, I want to take the chance," the new arrival said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict