Benfica`s Ola John joins German side Hamburg on loan
Berlin: Benfica`s winger Ola John has joined Hamburger SV on loan until the end of the season.
The Liberian born Dutch winger was not regular in Benfica`s first team and after two years made just 24 appearances. However, before his spell in Portugal he played two years for Dutch side Twente Enschede where he scored nine goals in 46 matches, reports a leading agency.
Hamburg coach Bert van Marwijk knew Ola John from his time as the head coach of the Netherlands national team.
"I know Ola well and I assume that he will help us promptly," van Marwijk said.
The 21-year-old new arrival is said to replace long-term injured youngster Maximilian Beister.
"In the present situation it was necessary take action," Hamburg director of sport Oliver Kreutzer told the clubs official homepage.
Hamburg occupy a disappointing 14th place with just 16 points out of 17 matches, which leaves them in touching distance of the relegation battle.
"The Bundesliga has a very high level. You hear very good things about Germany. I didn`t had to think twice, I want to take the chance," the new arrival said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir