Benfica sign Brazilian striker Lima
Rio de Janeiro: Benfica has signed Brazilian striker Lima on a four-year contract from rival Portuguese top-flight club Braga.
The deal was only announced Saturday after the clubs struck an agreement in the final minutes before the close of the European summer transfer window.
Benfica reportedly paid four million euros for the 29-year-old as well as agreeing to part with Lima`s compatriot Michel on a one-year loan deal.
"It`s a new stage in my life and I`m looking forward to the challenge," Lima told Globoesporte Saturday.
"I`m aware of the responsibility that comes with a move like this because Benfica is a club with a long and proud history."
Lima scored 20 goals in Portugal`s Liga last season to be equal top-scorer with new teammate Oscar Cardozo. He also helped the team qualify for the group stage of this year`s UEFA Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets