Benfica sign Brazilian striker Lima
Rio de Janeiro: Benfica has signed Brazilian striker Lima on a four-year contract from rival Portuguese top-flight club Braga.
The deal was only announced Saturday after the clubs struck an agreement in the final minutes before the close of the European summer transfer window.
Benfica reportedly paid four million euros for the 29-year-old as well as agreeing to part with Lima`s compatriot Michel on a one-year loan deal.
"It`s a new stage in my life and I`m looking forward to the challenge," Lima told Globoesporte Saturday.
"I`m aware of the responsibility that comes with a move like this because Benfica is a club with a long and proud history."
Lima scored 20 goals in Portugal`s Liga last season to be equal top-scorer with new teammate Oscar Cardozo. He also helped the team qualify for the group stage of this year`s UEFA Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed