Benitez calls Ferguson `uneducated` over refusal to shake hands
London: Chelsea`s interim manager Rafael Benitez has slammed Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson`s refusal to shake hands with him before the start of their 2-2 FA Cup draw at Old Trafford on Sunday, branding the Scot as uneducated.
Benitez re-ignited his feud with Ferguson by accusing him of lacking education for refusing to shake hands.
Benitez said he was waiting to shake Ferguson`s hand by the Old Trafford dugouts prior to kick-off when the United boss allegedly blanked him, it reported.
Ferguson simply ignored the Chelsea interim manager and when the photographer asked the United boss if he would stop to shake Benitez`s hand, he responded with an abrupt "No".
Benitez, who has clashed with Ferguson in the past, implied the United boss was uneducated for refusing to observe the pre-match handshake ritual.
Asked if Ferguson walked straight past him, Blues boss Benitez said he was waiting, adding he was waiting for him, and he was waiting at the beginning.
Benitez said ask him, as he was waiting, there was nothing wrong, adding you have to ask him why he didn`t shake hands.
The Spaniard said he was waiting because he has some education, adding he was waiting, as he has education because he knows a lot of people are watching, so he knows what you have to do.
United boss Ferguson, who does not attend domestic post-match press conferences, was not asked about the handshake controversy but admitted United were fortunate to still be in the FA Cup.
Javier Hernandez and Wayne Rooney gave United an early 2-0 lead before Eden Hazard and Ramires got Chelsea back on level terms after the break to force a replay.
The FA will meet with the Premier League on Monday to finalise a date for the replay, with March 17 this Sunday looking the most likely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city