Berbatov joins Monaco on loan from Fulham
New Delhi: Monaco made a late transfer-deadline day move to cover for Radamel Falcao`s long-term injury absence by signing striker Dimitar Berbatov on loan from English Premier League strugglers Fulham on Friday.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian has joined the Ligue 1 title contenders until the end of the season and will wear the number 15 shirt, Monaco announced on their website (www.asm-fc.com).
"I`m happy, excited and a little nervous I have to say. I look forward to starting training with my new team mates and opening a new chapter in my career," said Berbatov.
The former Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur forward retired from international football in 2010 after scoring 49 goals in 79 matches for Bulgaria.
Berbatov has netted four times in 18 league games this season with Fulham who are second from bottom.
Monaco, six points behind leaders Paris St Germain, play their game in hand at 10th-placed Lorient on Saturday.
Colombia striker Falcao is expected to be out for the rest of the season with damaged knee ligaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason