Berbatov joins Monaco on loan from Fulham
New Delhi: Monaco made a late transfer-deadline day move to cover for Radamel Falcao`s long-term injury absence by signing striker Dimitar Berbatov on loan from English Premier League strugglers Fulham on Friday.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian has joined the Ligue 1 title contenders until the end of the season and will wear the number 15 shirt, Monaco announced on their website (www.asm-fc.com).
"I`m happy, excited and a little nervous I have to say. I look forward to starting training with my new team mates and opening a new chapter in my career," said Berbatov.
The former Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur forward retired from international football in 2010 after scoring 49 goals in 79 matches for Bulgaria.
Berbatov has netted four times in 18 league games this season with Fulham who are second from bottom.
Monaco, six points behind leaders Paris St Germain, play their game in hand at 10th-placed Lorient on Saturday.
Colombia striker Falcao is expected to be out for the rest of the season with damaged knee ligaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon