Besiktas deny Ronaldinho deal
Rio De Janeiro: Besiktas have denied reports claiming Ronaldinho has signed with the Turkish club.
In a New Year`s Day statement on their official website, Besiktas described talks in Istanbul with Ronaldinho`s brother and agent Roberto Assis as a "courtesy meeting", Xinhua reported Thursday.
Earlier, Turkish and Brazilian media reported that the two-time FIFA world player of the year had agreed to terms with the Super Lig side.
Ronaldinho has long been a Besiktas target and was reportedly close to joining the club last August.
The 33-year-old`s contract with Brazil`s Atletico Mineiro expired on Dec 31. Atletico officials say talks over a new deal will begin this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen