Besiktas deny Ronaldinho deal
Rio De Janeiro: Besiktas have denied reports claiming Ronaldinho has signed with the Turkish club.
In a New Year`s Day statement on their official website, Besiktas described talks in Istanbul with Ronaldinho`s brother and agent Roberto Assis as a "courtesy meeting", Xinhua reported Thursday.
Earlier, Turkish and Brazilian media reported that the two-time FIFA world player of the year had agreed to terms with the Super Lig side.
Ronaldinho has long been a Besiktas target and was reportedly close to joining the club last August.
The 33-year-old`s contract with Brazil`s Atletico Mineiro expired on Dec 31. Atletico officials say talks over a new deal will begin this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion