Besiktas deny Ronaldinho deal
Rio De Janeiro: Besiktas have denied reports claiming Ronaldinho has signed with the Turkish club.
In a New Year`s Day statement on their official website, Besiktas described talks in Istanbul with Ronaldinho`s brother and agent Roberto Assis as a "courtesy meeting", Xinhua reported Thursday.
Earlier, Turkish and Brazilian media reported that the two-time FIFA world player of the year had agreed to terms with the Super Lig side.
Ronaldinho has long been a Besiktas target and was reportedly close to joining the club last August.
The 33-year-old`s contract with Brazil`s Atletico Mineiro expired on Dec 31. Atletico officials say talks over a new deal will begin this week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'